Tuesday 19 March 2024

Saint-Patrick-De-Champlain Bridge

 

 

Call it The Luck of the Irish.  For Saint-Patrick's Day the Samuel-de-Champlain Bridge was illuminated in green to celebrate the occasion.   I figured that was good enough of a reason to have a little field trip.  I headed down to a local park next to the bridge and then walked along a bicycle path to get closer to the water.  Maybe it was just good luck, but there were no longer any barriers leading to a dock that was used during the construction of the new bridge.  This afforded me a better view of Montreal from under the bridge.  It also allowed me to knock the dust off of my tripod, which it feels like I haven't used in ages.  I also sent the photograph off to CTV Montreal, where Lori Graham was kind enough to air it during the evening newscast.  It's been two years since I've sent in a photograph to them, so it felt good to see my name up on the big screen again.  The Heir Apparent found it to be cool as well, asking why my photograph was on the television.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 15sec, ISO 100 at 63mm.  Thanks once again to Lori Graham and CTV Montreal for airing the photographer.  Another little 30seconds in my fifteen minutes of fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment