Wednesday 3 April 2024

Fine Feathered Friend

We moved to the current Head Office back in December of 2019.  Since that time, there has been regular Cardinal traffic through our yard as the bright red bird would fly through on his way to visit one of our neighbours.  But, much to my frustration, never would he stop.  The trend has continued this year, but in a different manner.  He regularly does show up now, and perches himself on our lilac tree, but only on the days that I am off at the Day Job.  Or, at least so say The Heir Apparent and Crown Prince who seem almost too happy to let me know that they saw the Cardinal that morning when I get home from work.  However, I was able to surprise him one time.  He snuck out from the lilac branches took in the sun for a few minutes while I raced back in to the house to grab the camera.  Mere moments after I returned, he took flight, never to return to that spot again.  Luckily, my finger was still fast enough to catch him, just as he gave that final glance back towards me, thinking that he was going to escape without being photographed.  Not today my fine feathered friend, not today.  The photograph was taken at f/3.5, 1/160sec, ISO 100 at 200mm.  The two junior members are still on the lookout for our red friend.  Should he return we'll certainly try and photograph him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment