Saturday 20 April 2024

Musical Rainbow

Saturday the 20th is Record Store Day up here in the Canada and I am always ready to celebrate all things music.  I never got around to jumping on to the vinyl resurgence that has taken place over the last few years, mostly because knowing myself to be a bit of a completest, I knew that I wouldn't be happy with only a few vinyls.  I'd be on a permanent and never ending quest to replace all of my CDs with vinyl records, much in the same way that I went through that process when I made the switch from cassettes.  There isn't enough time, or enough money in my bank account, to go down that rabbit hole.  One advantage that a CD has over a vinyl record is the you can't get a cool rainbow on a record.  Just by chance, I had a CD on the table and the way it was positioned, coupled with the way that the light hit it, created this little musical rainbow on my disc.  As with most odd things I take photographs of, I thought it looked cool, so I snapped away. This photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/30sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  I hope that everyone who took part had a great Record Store Day and added all kinds of cool things to their collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment