Thursday 27 December 2012

A Stately Fellow

Welcome back everyone, hope you all had a nice Christmas.  I had a fine time, and as usual, my camera was never far behind.  This statue of Santa Claus is one of the many decorations that could be found in my Uncle`s house where the family gathered for supper.  The way that he was lit from below by Christmas lights really caught my eye and I waited with impatience for everyone to finish their meal and clear out of the area so that I could get a closer look and to snap a few shots.  Even with the lights being right at the statues feet, the scene was still not properly lit enough to be able to use a low ISO, and I really didn't want to use my flash as I felt it would be to strong for the scene.  Thus, this photograph was shot at f/2.8, 1/20sec, ISO 1600 at 30mm.  I placed the statue on the left hand side of the frame to give him more space in the shot, and also because I really liked the cranberries that were hanging from the wall and the shadows that they gave.  Christmas decorations can be fun to shoot, though still not quite as fun as opening presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment