Saturday 8 December 2012

Sneaky Little Frogger

One of the things that I like about photography are the little surprises.  You can plan on taking a certain image, and then you get home and find something that you didn't even know was there.  Such was the case with this photograph.  I'm sure that there will be some doubters out there on the interwebs, but I swear to all of you out there that I did not know that the frog in the lower right hand corner of the photograph was there when I took this picture.  I was still new to the photography game when this picture was taken, and this image was actually taken as a 'homework' assignment for one of my courses.  What I was looking for was something colourful and I really liked the look of the green lily pads against the dark water.  The green, yellow and black immediately caught my eye as I thought this picture would be perfect as a jigsaw puzzle.  This shot was taken at f/7.1, 1/1000, 52mm at ISO 400.  It was only after getting home and putting the images taken that day on my computer that I noticed my little friend sitting right there and giving me his best smile.  I was really happy to include this image in my exhibition as it was one of my early shots and that little guy proved charismatic enough to generate a sale and many smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment