Thursday 20 December 2012

Front Row Seat For The End Of The World

If you are to believe certain people and certain prophecies, this will be the last time that I post a picture, and these will be the last words that I write.  So, I figured if you've got to go out, go out with a bang!  This is a shot from a few years back taken at Seaway Park in Saint-Lambert, QC.  It was during the annual fireworks competition.  While I was digging through my archives trying to find something to fit the end of the world theme, I came upon this photograph and thought it to be a good mix.  I like digging out photos for this blog, especially shots that I would have normally discarded and never used.  Honestly, I was there to capture nice shots of the fireworks, not a ball of smoke and white light.  Thanks to this blog, however, this photograph is granted a second life.  The blast of light was taken just after the final fireworks had gone off as the sky was just a big mess of light and smoke.  I was also positioned behind a bunch of summer spectators who were taking in the event, and thus inspired the new title for this photograph.  This shot was taken at f/4, 21sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  It's the long exposure time that allowed the crowd to be properly lit by the blasts of the fireworks which is kind of important as this picture would look kind of empty without them.  Sadly, this shot cannot be repeated as the city built a soccer field where most of these people are now seated, but with the world coming to an end, I guess that's not really that big of a deal after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment