Friday 14 December 2012

Something New

I've grown to be annoyed with seeing my name stretched across my photographs like a bad tattoo, so I am debuting a new watermark with this photograph.  While I deem myself to be somewhat handy with a camera, I am far from being a graphic designer, nor am I an expert in all things Photoshop.  However, I wanted to create something a little nicer which wouldn't hide as much of the photograph, yet still offer a bit of protection along with saving my images at a small size and resolution.  So, I took the words you are all used to seeing, "Eric Mahannah Photography 2012" and I shaped them into the form of an eye because I thought it to be kind of cool as I use my eyes to prepare my photographs and you use your eyes to view them.  Hey, nobody ever accused me of being poetic.  On to more interesting things, the photograph.  This image was taken back in September, and is another example of my famous 'going home with an interesting photograph you hadn't planned on taking' theory.  This one was taken while I was waiting for a tour bus to move from in front of Montreal City Hall.  While saying some nasty words under my breathe about the previously mentioned tour bus, I turned my head to the left and saw the wonderfully lit skyline with the moon nicely placed in the sky.  The different shades of blue are due to the sun having just gone down over the horizon, but there was still enough light left in the sky so that it wouldn't appear to be totally dark.  This shot was taken at f/9, 8sec., ISO 100 at 24mm.  Along with the sky, I also like the two 'ghosts' who are walking along the sidewalk in the bottom left hand side of the shot.  This effect is caused by the 8 second exposure time of the photograph, which also creates the 'star' like shapes around the lights.  Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment