Monday 4 November 2013

Election Results Are In

We had municipal elections last night in this part of the world.  Various mayors, city counsellors and other municipal titles were decided all in the name of democracy. I had the honour of winning a prestigious position as well.  I was elected Best Photographer in my Condo unit.  Sure, only one vote was cast, but I'm sure that if My Lovely Assistant had been aware of the election, she would have voted for me as well.  Sadly, my victory won't get me a nice corner office in Montreal City Hall, which you see in my photograph here of Old Montreal.  It took a while for me to get this photograph as you see it.  I arrived a little earlier at the location and was annoyed to see that a tour bus was parked on the street.  True, not the end of the world, but I needed for that bus to be gone in order to properly capture the light trails of the cars that were passing by.  I walked off and took some photos around the area and made a quick trip back to this spot just in time to see that the bus had gone.  I set up my camera and shot away.  This photograph was taken at f/9, 19sec, ISO 100 at 38mm and was one of the chosen 25 that was on display at my photography exhibit last year.  There's several things I like about this photograph.  The already mentioned light streaks, the red in the building on the old Hotel Nelson, the clouds in the sky behind the statue and how clear the guy sitting on the corner appear.  Not bad considering with the long exposure time, it means that the guy didn't move very much over the 19 seconds that the photograph was being taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment