Saturday 23 November 2013

Freeport Covered Bridge At Night

While I was on vacation a few weeks back, I made the trip down to Cowansville with My Lovely Assistant to visit my parents.  The other reason was to take a few photographs.  What you see here is the Freeport Covered Bridge.  It was built in 1870 and is still in use today.  Since the bridge is covered and on a curve, it is suggested that you honk your horn while inside of the bridge in order to warn oncoming vehicles that are coming from the other side.  I've taken photographs of this bridge before as part of an assignment while at Concordia, but I never took any shots of it at night.  With My Lovely Assistant behind the wheel, of my Mom's car no less (thanks Mom), I positioned myself by one end of the bridge and had My Lovely Assistant drive the car through the bridge so that I could capture the trails of light that the car left behind.  By doing so, not only did I catch the red streaks of light left by the car going by, but the headlights of the car lit up the inside of the bridge so that you could see some of the unique construction inside.  If you look at the far right of the photo, you can also see that the headlights of the car lit up the road sign and the tree on the other side.  This photograph was taken at f/11, 15sec, ISO 100 at 40mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment