Tuesday 28 January 2014

Green Grass Of Home

I know that lots of you out there don't share my love of the cold weather.  I've been thinking about the lot of you these last several days as we've gone through some of the coldest days that we've seen this winter.  I won't lie, I'm not looking forward to the summer months.  I hate the heat, humidity and sweat that comes with them.  However, since I'm a nice guy at heart, I thought I'd take a little trip through my archives to see if I could find a little something to warm your souls.  This was actually a little bit more difficult than I had thought since most of my photograph during the summer months seems to take place after the sun had gone down.  After some digging, I came upon this photograph that I took a few years ago.  I was on a little walk with My Lovely Assistant on the bicycle path near the Champlain Bridge in Brossard.  I really liked this little part of the path with the small hill of green grass, the trees full of leaves, a blue sky with no clouds to be seen and the bike path that grabs you at the bottom of the photo and brings you right around the curve.  This photo was shot at f/7.1, 1/400sec, ISO 400 at 70mm.  Don't worry folks, before you know it the days just like this one will be back, and that's when you can expect me to put some frozen river photos in an attempt to trick my brain into thinking it's not really as hot as it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment