Thursday 2 January 2014

Tasty Christmas Reminder

One of the biggest problems I have running this blog is that sometimes I'll go through a period of time where I will take lots of photographs, but don't find the time to get them up here on the blog.  I always have this fear of running out of photographs to put on display, even though I currently have photographs taken as far back as last May that have yet to have their fifteen minutes of internet fame.  Not to mention all of the photos taken before I began running the blog.  As a result, I then find myself in a situation where photos get pushed back down in the pecking order.  I've actually got three sets of 'updates' that have been ready to be posted since early November 2012, but have yet to be posted because something new has come along.  I suppose I shouldn't complain.  It's good that I'm shooting as much as I am.  However, I now find myself in a situation where I have loads of Christmas photos that will very soon be not very appropriate for the time of year.  It's hard to get excited about images of snowy Christmas lights...in April.  So, in an attempt to get a few of those X-Mas photographs out there, I'd like to begin with some photos I took of the bûche de Noël (Yule Log) that My Lovely Assistant made.  This was the first of two that she made for different Christmas parties.  She decorated her bûche with some coloured sugar dots, pieces of caramelized almonds and the letters to spell out Joyeux Noël which were little gingerbread cookies.  It was almost to pretty to eat, but eat it we all did.  The first photograph was taken at f/8, 1/250sec, ISO 1600 at 25mm.  Yep, forgot to change the ISO again.  The second photograph was taken at f/13, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.  Both were taken using my flash, which was bounced off of the ceiling (thanks again Marilyn).  I, and about everyone else at the party, can't wait to eat it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment