Sunday 12 January 2014

Waves Of Chocolate

Since I've been feeling rather miserable these last few days, I decided to take a trip through my hard drive to see if I could salvage something out of the photos that I've deemed 'problematic'.  Such was the case with the what you see here.  This was originally a picture of a very delicious chocolate potato chip cake.  However, I couldn't get the flash to work properly.  Here's a little trade secret, always blame the flash.  While playing around with different crops I noticed that the texture of the chocolate was pretty cool, and the way that My Lovely Assistant had spread the chocolate icing resulted in some very wavy shapes.  This photo was shot at f/6.3, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.  I played around in Photoshop with the Levels function and then cropped pretty tightly over the icing to create the photograph you see here.  I think it's kind of interesting, though I'm also pretty loaded on cold medication so my judgment may be off.  I'll let you decide.  Just for kicks, here's what the photograph looked like originally.  Yes, it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment