Tuesday 22 July 2014

A Little Ice With That

As I write this, it is a rather steamy 30 Celsius outside...34 with the humidity.  Seeing as how I'm just about fed up with this weather, I needed to be taken to my 'happy place'.  It just so happens that my happy place is a very comfortable -20 Celsius with several centimeters of snow on the ground.  I had to dig way back into the archives to pull this photograph out.  I had taken it in 2007, the morning after a big snowstorm and the town had yet to fully dig itself out.  It was a nice crisp morning and the bright blue sky really caught my eye.  I also really liked the look of the fresh snow on the ground.  Just looking at this photo is helping me to forget the hot spell that we're currently dealing with.  I know that I'm in the minority in saying so, but there has got to be a few of you out there who are like me and would enjoy a nice snowy day right about now.  In any event, this photograph was taken at f/10, 1/250sec, ISO 400 at 22mm.  Now if you'll excuse me, I need to set my air conditioner to 'Glacial'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment