Thursday 17 July 2014

Smoked Out

We're at the point of the summer where the fireworks come at you twice a week.  It was Canada's turn to light up the sky and, in my honest opinion, they put on the bets show that I've seen so far this year.  Sadly, I didn't have the best vantage point to capture it.  My original location ended up being no good due to three new trees that were not there last year and ended up blocking my shot.  I ended up using a location close to where I was for the first show of the year.  I really like to find a way to get the Jacques Cartier Bridge in my fireworks shots, so that was a my first priority.  Sadly, there ended up being a traffic light in the way which ended up taking up more of my shot than I had thought it would.  Also, the wind ended up blowing the smoke right at us a few times pretty much making shooting anything impossible.  It was still a fun night.  The first shot here was taken at f/18, 8sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.  Here are a few more shots.

f/16,10sec, ISO 100 at 24mm

f/16, 5sec, ISO 100 at 24mm

f/16, 22sec, ISO 100 at 24mm

f/16, 11sec, ISO 100 at 24mm

f/16, 8sec, ISO 100 at 24mm

That wraps up another update.  I was happy to finally get some shots with the superstructure in the bridge, but in order to get those, I had to sacrifice some of the shots on the right side of the image.  I'm also a little annoyed by those trees, but they take up less of the shot than the trees in my original location would have.  Still having fun though, and that's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment