Wednesday 9 July 2014

Good Looking Weeds

Here are some words that those of you who have been following me for a while have heard before.  I like to photograph just about everything and anything.  I kind of find it to be a personal challenge to take things that we see as part of our every day lives and turn them into interesting photographs.  Well, I find them to be interesting and I certainly hope that those of you out there who take the time to visit do as well.  Today's model are some simple little weeds that have managed to find a way to grow between the rocks that form the walkway that leads from my house to the parking lot.  Little green leaves that I walk by every day.  I happened to catch a longer look at them as I was outside taking some other photographs of more candies and some fruits.  Photographs that will likely find their way to these pages at some point as well.  I happened to see the way that the sun was hitting the leaves so I left my table full of treats to bend over and snap some shots of the weeds.  I like how I caught the sun on the few leaves near the front of the photograph and how the entire background is in the shade.  Shooting with a large aperture also helps to make the greens at the front of the photo stand out.  I also really like the small shadows in the lower left-hand side of the shot.  The lower right-hand side I like as well as the other weeds in the shadows are completely blurred out thanks to the chosen aperture and make a strange kind of design.  This photograph was taken at f/4, 1/800sec, ISO 400 at 60mm.  Nothing really fancy, just some sidewalk weeds, but I had fun shooting them.  Hope you liked looking at them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment