Monday 10 November 2014

A Moment To Remember

Remembrance Day is a rather important day to me.  Those of you who have been coming here for a while have already heard how my Grandfather served in World War II, so I try to support the cause by buying several Poppies every year and wearing them proudly.  I also try and get them up here on the website in creative ways that I hope please the eye of you, the viewers.  This particular Poppy I photographed during a Remembrance Day ceremony in Montreal.  I kind of got this photograph in an strange way.  Rather than using a large aperture to blur out the background, I actually used a small aperture, but put myself right next to the Poppy, focusing on it, which resulted in blurring the background for me.  Just a little experimentation, it seemed to work out.  This photograph was taken at f/10, 1/200sec, ISO 400 at 52mm.  I hope you like it, and I hope you all take a moment to remember those who served all those many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment