Monday 24 November 2014

Autumn Colours

A little over a week ago I put up my Boys of Summer photograph, a photo that I had taken while taking a stroll with My Lovely Assistant in the Îles-de-Boucherville.  I took a few other photographs that day and since it's been a while since my last update, I figured I'd them up here for all to see.  These photographs were taken in early October and the colours were still fairly bright in the trees.  I tried to get as many of the different reds, yellows and greens in the photos as possible.  I think that my favourite photograph in this set is the second one.  I played around with several different apertures and shutter speeds until I found the right combination that got me not only the three different colours of the trees, but also the blue of the sky.  My only concern was that there was a family playing on the nearby swing set.  I was hoping that they would disappear while I was setting up, certainly took long enough, but sadly, they didn't get the message I was sending them telepathically.  In the end, I don't really mind them being there. The first photograph was taken at f/4, 1/500sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.  The second photograph was taken at f/13, 1/80sec, ISO 100 at 27mm.  Here are a few more shot I took over the course of that afternoon.

f/13, 1/50sec, ISO 100 at 59mm

f/5, 1/400sec, ISO 100 at 54mm

I like the final photograph as well.  I'm a sucker for blurred backgrounds and seeing all of those coloured leaves behind those dead weeds caught my eye.  Maybe I'm a little bit biased in my opinion, but I think it's awesome that I took a dead weed and turned it into into a pretty cool photograph.  Or maybe I'm just getting a big head as well.  Hope you like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment