Thursday 6 November 2014

Have A Seat

The changing seasons from Summer to Fall are one of my favourite times to take photographs.  The weather is comfortable, there are lots of colours and regular scenes just seem to have a little more character.  Take this photograph for example.  The leaves on the ground, the empty trees and the shadows seem to speak.  Though I must admit to a bit of trickery with this photograph.  I added a bit of colour to it using Photoshop.  I liked the way it looked originally, but I was a little bored one day and thought maybe playing with the colour balance might do something.  So that's what I did.  I added a little bit of red to the Midtones and really liked the final result.  It seemed to add a little more warmth to the image.  This photograph was shot at f/4.5, 1/125sec, ISO 100 at 51mm.  For those of you wondering at home, here is what the photograph looked like before make-up.


For fun, I also added a black and white version of the same photograph.  There's this thing going around the internet called the Black & White challenge and I thought I'd give this photo the B&W treatment as well.  Hopefully there will be one of the three that some of you out there like.

No comments:

Post a Comment