Monday 17 November 2014

Mixed Tastes

A little while back I was chatting with a friend of mine and mentioned how I liked one of his photos.  He seemed kind of surprised that I liked it and told me that it wasn't one of his favourites, but was happy to hear that I liked it.  So I thought to myself, maybe there's a recent photograph that I've taken that I don't really like, but if I put it on display, maybe someone out there will have the same reaction I did with my that other photograph.  So, here's a photograph that has been on my hard drive for a while, but never made it to the page.  It was one I took a few months back of a fruit salad that My Lovely Assistant had made.  I took this photograph at f/9, 1/250sec, ISO 1600 at 60mm.  I liked all of the colours, I like the strange line of light that branches out just above the clementine and I liked the detail in the slice of the apple.  It just didn't seem to ever rise higher above the rank of 'that fruit salad photograph', though it sure was tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment