Thursday 20 August 2015

Casting A Large Shadow

I believe that it's already been said here before, but I am fascinated by small insects.  Not all of them mind you, but some of the bugs that I've classified as being harmless and friendly in my mind.  On that list is the lovely Ladybug.  Although to be honest, this one wasn't really that friendly.  I discovered it on a picnic table last fall while on an outing picking apples.  I tried to get it to pose for my camera, but the bug was not interested at all.  Not interested until I shared some icing sugar with it.  I was enjoying a fine snack of freshly cooked apple donuts when I thought that my little friend would might enjoy a sweet snack.  I put some on the table and suddely my model was more than happy to sit still while I took my photographs.  This photograph was taken at f/4, 1/80sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  I just hope that the sugar rush it must have experienced afterwards didn't send it flying wildly into a car windshield.

No comments:

Post a Comment