Saturday 22 August 2015

Daisy Day

I was about to open this little session by mentioning that August 21st  was about to be renamed Daisy Day on the old blog, but then I realized that we're already on the 22nd, so I guess Daisy Day will be a two-day celebration instead.  Those of you who have been around for the last few years know that Daisy Day originates as a way of remembering my Grandmother, who passed away on August 22nd 2011.  This is the third 'Daisy Day' that I've had here on the site and I almost didn't make it.  In past years, I have been able to rely on the gardens of either my mother or cousin to provide the necessary flower to make Daisy Day a success, but this year I've had less success finding some nice ones.  This particualar photograph, taken at f/7.1, 1/3200sec, ISO 3200 at 200mm, was found in Val Morin during a visit with My Lovely Assistant's family.  So, in a sense I guess that I'm still keeping the flowers in the family.  I had a little visitor for the session in the form of a fly who seemed quite comfortable on his seat.  If I was a little bit better with Photoshop, I would have probably made that little daisy bud at the bottom of the screen disappear, but by framing the final image as I did, it bothers me less than it did in my original shot.  It's probably for the best as I don't think that Grammie would appreciate me playing around and altering the work of Mother Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment