Monday 17 August 2015

Looking For A Lake To Jump Into

Ahh, Summertime.  Nothing like a good dose of heat and humidity to make a guy like me miss -20C weather and 30cm's of snow.  I know that there are probably not that many of you out there that share my views on the weather, but I won't hold it against you.  However, if you're looking for a way to escape the summer heat, what's better than a nice cool lake to jump into. I took this photograph earlier this summer during a little get-together with My Lovely Assistants family.  Yep, I'm the guy who takes photographs of empty docks at family gatherings.  Well, we've all got to be known for something.  This photograph was taken at f/10, 1/200sec, ISO 100 at 35mm.  I composed my shot with the idea that you'd get the feeling of standing at the end of the dock, waiting to take off and jump in.  Is that the feeling you get from seeing it?  Hope the thought of a little dunk helps you all cool off a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment