Wednesday 12 August 2015

L’International des Feux Loto-Québec Recap

It's been almost two weeks since the 2015 L’International des Feux Loto-Québec came to an end and I'm already about a week behind where I wanted to be with this final recap.  It's time to get these photographs out the door before they end up getting jumbled together with all of the other photographs that are spinning around my hard drive, just waiting to see the light of day.  In addition to the six photographs I published from each show, I tried to save an extra photograph from each for this little end of exhibition recap.  If you'd like to see more photographs from the shows, click on the little link below the photograph to be taken to the page with other shots I took that night.  Except for the show by China which was smoked out from my position so I didn't have any extra photographs to add.  So, let's get on with the show.

f/13, 8sec, ISO 100 at 70mm

f/16, 19sec, ISO 100 at 70mm

f/16, 18sec, ISO 100 at 27mm
 
f/16, 8sec, ISO 100 at 38mm

f/16, 8sec, ISO 100 at 43mm




f/16, 9sec, ISO 100 at 63mm



f/16, 10sec, ISO 100 at 48mm


For those of you who are curious, England won the Golden Jupiter this year, followed with France winning the Silver Jupiter and China won the Bronze.  That brings an end to what I consider to be a rather successful month of photography.  I'm old enough to be able to say that I've been going to these fireworks competitions since the very beginning, and I've been photographing them for the last several years.  This was the first time that I was not only able to photograph every show this summer, but I also photographed them all from different locations.  Maybe it's just me, but I think that's rather cool.  I've spent years trying different locations and I think I managed to hit the best ones this year.  A special thanks goes out to My Lovely Assistant who accompanied me to six of these shows despite the fact that she is far from being the biggest fireworks fan in the world.  I hope all of you out there have enjoyed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment