Monday 26 October 2015

Double On The Rocks

Though we can now safely say that Summer is over, I'm still going through a little phase where I've been going over several of the photographs that I've taken over the last few summer vacation trips, trying to make up for last time and putting a final polish on them.  Sure, I should have done this probably shortly after getting home from those vacations, but one of the drawbacks of being a shutterbug, is that you sometimes end up coming home with way more photographs than you thought you would.  That's when my other little bad habit kicks in.  A wise man once said 'why do today what can be put off until tomorrow', and for better or for worse, those words seem to have stuck with me for most of my life.  These photographs were taken during the trip of 2014 to Tadoussac.  I shot them in the late afternoon after My Lovely Assistant and I had just arrived in town and went for a walk on the rocky beach as our first official act.  The first photograph, shot at f/5, 1/1600sec, ISO 1000 at 68mm, is of rocks that were out of the reach of the tide.  I liked the way that the sun and shadows seemed to dance around them.  The second photograph, shot at f/6.3, 1/400sec, ISO 100 at 42mm was taken down by the water and I played around with a couple of different exposures before finally getting one that allowed me to properly capture not only the sun falling on the rocks, but also a nice reflection of the blue sky and clouds in the water.  These were the first among many photographs that I took in Tadoussac, and marked the beginning of a good vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment