Monday 12 September 2016

Almost There

It's funny the things that can catch your eye.  On this particular Sunday afternoon it was a very persistent caterpillar who was trying his hardest to make it from My Lovely Assistant's gardening stick over to the leafy goodness being offered by the neighbouring tomato plant.  Several times the little bugger slowly climbed up the stick and stretched out as far as he could, only to fall short before slowly making his way back down to the soil below.  Not willing to admit defeat, he would climb back up the stick and repeat the whole process over again.  After watching this happen a few times, the sun came out and I knew that I needed to grab my camera and snap off a few photographs of this persistent guy and his never give up attitude.  The first photograph was taken at f/8, 1/250sec, ISO 400 at 200mm.  Here are a couple more that I took.

f/8, 1/250sec, ISO 400 at 200mm

f/8, 1/200sec, ISO 400 at 200mm

Under normal circumstances, I probably would have used a larger aperture in order to blur out the background, but I really liked the shadow of the caterpillar, especially in the first photograph where you can make out the little feet of my small friend in the shadow.  I was hoping that my visitor would stick around and turn into a butterfly, but he had disappeared by the next morning.  I hope he finally made it to that leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment