Thursday 29 September 2016

Shelter From The Rain

During a summer visit with the family of My Lovely Assistant the sky suddenly opened and the rain began to fall to the ground.  We all made our ways inside, but we weren't alone in trying to find a little shelter from the storm.  Upon taking a quick glimpse out the patio door, I noticed this soaked robin standing on a stone underneath one of the trees in the backyard.  I grabbed my gear and crept as quietly as I could to the patio door and snapped a couple of photographs.  This one was taken at f/5.6, 1/125sec, ISO 3200 at 300mm.  I can't explain why, but I just really like how disheveled the poor thing looks.  The little gleam in his eye is another of the little things I like.  Soon after, the rain let up, away he flew and back to the Out-Laws, err I mean In-Laws, I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment