Thursday 20 October 2016

A New Season Begins

I suppose that these photographs could serve as a lesson in how to milk an outing for several updates.  These photographs were taken almost a year ago, and photographs taken at this particular game have been used in four separate updates. I had planned on putting these out last week with the beginning of a new NHL season, but things got a little backed up with all of the concert photographs.  Imagine that, things getting backed up here on the old blog.  If you still find that hard to believe, I'd like to someday introduce you to all of the photographs from 2014 still waiting for their moment in the glow of a computer screen.  As you should be used to reading at this point, these photographs are of my friend Emmanuel's daughter, Florence tending goal.  I had spent the entire game pretty much focused only on her as the goaltender is always involved in the action and you can be sure that the puck will be in that general area.  I've always liked my hockey photographs to have a puck in them when possible.  There were lots of pucks flying around that afternoon, and though her team didn't get the win, there was lots of action and many brilliant saves were made.  The first photograph was taken at f/4.5, 1/500sec, ISO 1000 at 105mm and the second photograph was taken at f/5, 1/160sec, ISO 1000 at 100mm.  Here are, I assure you, the final photographs that I took during the game. 

 f/5, 1/400sec ISO 1000 at 90mm

f/5, 1/500sec, ISO 1000 at 70mm

f/5, 1/500sec, ISO 1600 at 70mm

I promise, no more photographs from this particular game.  However, if an invitation happens to be given, I'd be more than happy to shoot some new ones at some point this season.  I guess we'll wait and see.


No comments:

Post a Comment