Saturday 22 October 2016

Lighting Up The Sky

f/16, 30sec, ISO 100 at 68mm
During the month of July, much of my time is spent with my camera pointed to the sky and photographing the annual fireworks competition.  However, I also take lots of photographs before the actual fireworks begin as I make sure that my camera is properly focused.  In certain situations, I also tried to time my photographs with the very beginning of the fireworks, which is the case with this one.  I wanted my photograph to have the lights from the rides at the La Ronde amusement park to be on. They turn the lights of the rides off when the show begins.  I think of it as being a personal challenge to try and get both together.  This was a win/lose situation in that while I did get the light at the top of the giant pole at the right of the screen, the other rides, most notably the Ferris wheel, ended up getting hidden by the explosions.  I still liked the image though, especially the long blue streak created by a police car that was crossing the bridge, so I cropped it a little wider than usual and then lost it in my hard drive as I didn't want to post another fireworks photographs after having done a full month of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment