Thursday 6 October 2016

Unwanted Visitor

I walked into the bathroom the other day and noticed this guy hiding in the shower curtain.  There is nothing I hate more than spiders, and as the 'Official Spider Killer' of the house, I knew what needed to be done.  I smacked the curtain to get the little guy into a more squishable position, but he landed on the window sill in such a way that the photographer in me took over.  I grabbed my macro lens, it was really the size of a finger nail, and snapped away.  It was late in the afternoon and the sun was going down, so a high ISO was needed, but I also played with the exposure a little bit afterwards to brighten the wood, which I really like and the spider itself so you can see his beady little eyes.  The photograph was taken at f/8, 1/60sec, ISO 1600 at 60mm and then the spider was smooshed.  Not every blog entry get to have a happy ending.  Sometimes the model gets squished.

No comments:

Post a Comment