Sunday 18 December 2016

Winter Berries

I went out for a walk the other day, hoping to find something in the snow that would grab my interest.  As is usually the case, it was the smallest things I saw that ended up being the most interesting to me.  I found these red winter berries growing next to a school.  There was one that was looking a little bit past date, but the three just behind it had the best looking snow.  In hindsight, I suppose I should have just plucked it off, but it still might make a tasty treat for a hungry bird that might be flying by.  Instead, I chose to use a large aperture and focus on the snow, effectively blurring the offending berry out.  The photograph was taken at f/5.6, 1/160sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  The red of the berries and the little individual snow crystals resting on top of them really grabbed my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment