Thursday 20 April 2017

Steel Panther At The Metropolis

It's pretty rare when my concert photographs almost get lost in the abyss of my hard drive, but a lot of my focus over the last month has been on my photography exhibition, which wraps up this weekend so you had better get moving if you want to see it.  Steel Panther was making their fourth appearance in Montreal over the last several years, and this was the third time that they sold out the Metropolis.  They were touring to support their latest album, Lower The Bar, which was released about a week before this show.  Despite getting to the venue rather early, it still wasn't early enough to get a decent spot on the floor, so my friend and I grabbed a spot on the elevated floor close to the soundboard.  High enough to get a clear look at the band over all of the outstretched arms.  However, from that distance my little 50mm lens is pretty much useless in getting any decent close-up shots, especially with this being a low light, high ISO situation.  Trying to crop in closely would create a very grainy image.  So, as I did with the opening act, Citizen Zero (photographs can be found here), I tried to capture the colours and fun moments of the show.  Something that isn't all that difficult since Steel Panther has the market locked when it comes to fun.  The first photograph was taken at f/2.5, 1/125sec, ISO 1600 at 50mm and the second photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/100sec, ISO 1600 at 50mm.  Here are a few more photographs that I took during the show.
f/4.5, 1/60sec, ISO 1000 at 50mm

f/3.5, 1/125sec, ISO 1600 at 50mm

f/2.5, 1/125sec, ISO 1600 at 50mm

f/4, 1/125sec, ISO 3200 at 50mm

f/3.2, 1/250sec, ISO 3200 at 50mm

The stage was pretty there, and I'm hoping to fill up the Greenfield Park Library a few more times before my exhibition ends on April 23rd.  If you haven't been yet, time is running out.  Check out the poster below for all of the important information.  I enjoyed the Steel Panther show, I hope that you'll enjoy mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment