Monday 3 April 2017

Stylin' & Profilin'

Might we have the beginning of a new tradition?  This past weekend was WrestleMania weekend, something we celebrated here on the blog last year with some photographs of an Andre The Giant action figure.  I figured if I were to try this at home, there was only one obvious choice.  The  limousine riding, jet flying, kiss stealing, wheeling dealing son of a gun himself, Ric Flair.  Much like many other 40-somethings out there, I still like to play with my toys, so I grabbed this action figure of The Nature Boy from off the shelf and grabbed my camera.  I've been playing around with a white cardboard background lately while continuing my never-ending quest to get better using my flash gun, so this seemed like a fun little project.  I made sure that the robe was open enough to see the all-important World Championship around his waist, but also closed enough to not lose the details.  I also played around with the intensity of the flash, trying to find just the right amount of light.  I shot the photograph at f/11, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.  It was a fun little side-project to play around with before the big show began.

No comments:

Post a Comment