Tuesday 9 May 2017

Bull's Eye

The month of May is kind of known for when the flowers come into bloom, but in my neck of the woods, May have actually be a wet and chilly month.  It even snowed here this morning.  No accumulation to speak of, but snow on May 9th is kind of unheard of.  So, it was back into the archives for this photograph, though I didn't have to dig very far to find it because it was currently featured in my recent photography exhibition that took place in Greenfield Park.  Nope, still not done talking about that.  The photograph was taken at f/18, 1/50sec, ISO 400 at 60mm.  I used a macro lens to magnify the center of the flower, and it worked out pretty well as I think the texture looks almost real enough to touch.  I also liked the added touch of the little yellow dusting of pollen that you can see on some of the petals.  It's bright red and really grabs your attention, while the yellow in acts like a good supporting character.  It adds to the photo, but doesn't take away from the star.  It was fairly popular during my show, we'll see if it will be popular on the internet as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment