Tuesday 23 May 2017

Ford Thunderbird

This past Sunday the town of Saint-Lambert held their annual Classic Car Exhibition.  I've gone to this event for several years for two reasons.  One, I like looking at all of the old cars, and two, I like taking photographs of them.  Not of the cars per say, but rather parts of those cars.  As I've mentioned in the past, getting good photographs of the cars is difficult as they often have information tags on them and are also parked closely together and surrounded by people.  So, I look for the details.  The small little bits of the car that I find attractive and think make nice car related photographs.  This year, my checklist was simple.  I wanted to find some Ford Thunderbirds.  Last year there was only one and it was parked in an unfortunate location where the lighting was bad and there was no room to move around it.  Not so this year.  They had a reserved spot in a local parking lot, and there were five of them.  The Thunderbird is probably my favourite of the old Ford cars, mostly just because of the name.  'Thunderbird' seems like the kind of car name I'd like to drive had I been around in that time.  The Thunderbird was created by Ford as a response to the Corvette.  Ford was looking for a sporty two-seater, but something a little more classy than the Corvette.  Thus, the first 'personal luxury car' was created.  The first photograph, a decal that was found on the front of a 1966 Ford Thunderbird, was taken at f/9, 1/60sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  The second photograph, the spare tire compartment from the back of a 1956 Thunderbird convertible was taken at f/5.6, 1/400sec, ISO 100 at 48mm.  Here are a couple more photographs.

The front logo from a 1955 Thunderbird
f/5.6, 1/500sec, ISO 100 at 68mm

The front logo from a 1956 Thunderbird
f/4.5, 1/1000sec, ISO 100 at 30mm

I grabbed a few more photographs of some of the cars while walking the streets, and they should find their way to these pages soon.  Mind you, I've been saying the same thing for the last few years and there are almost as many car parts in my hard drive as there are in my brothers garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment