Thursday 4 May 2017

Star Wars Day

I guess that I could be described as a creature of habit.  Something as simple as moving a bookcase can cause a whole flood odd waves through my head.  The same can be said with certain dates when it comes to this little photography blog of mine.  One of those habits revolves around May 4th.  A simple day of the year to most people, but also known as Star Wars Day for those of us in the know.  As mentioned here in the past, in spoken form, 'May the fourth' sounds very similar to the famous Star Wars phrase, 'May the Force' as in 'May the Force be with you.'  We've seen various Star Wars theme photographs here in the past, and that little tradition continues this year.  Our model today, making a rare appearance from a galaxy far, far away is the notorious bounty hunter Boba Fett.  I posed the figure on a pure white piece of cardboard and shot the photograph at f/8, 1/250sec, ISO 400 at 30mm.  I also bounced the flash off of the ceiling in order to avoid having any shadows cast in the image.  Being a creature of habit, Boba was quickly returned to his assigned spot on top of my bookcase quickly afterwards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment