Tuesday 30 May 2017

Red Sky Morning

This is probably a photo set that is a little bit out of date since the photographs were taken a few years ago.  I went up to the observation deck of Mount Royal here in Montreal to try and grab the sun rising over the fair city.  It was mid-February and the sky was cloudy and grey.  There was a small open space in the sky and once the sun peaked over the South Shore mountains, I quickly snapped away before it got swallowed by the clouds.  Once at home, I added a bit of red to the highlights and mid-tones in order to change the bland grey into a somewhat warmer colour.  I also cropped the final photograph for a wide angle style, but I've also included the more traditional sized photograph in this update as well. The photograph was taken at f22, 1sec, ISO 400 at 24mm.  I might have to wake myself up early again some day to make my way up there once again since I believe that a few buildings have sprouted up since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment