Tuesday 16 May 2017

Point Of View

If I were to be asked for one photograph from my most recent exhibition that most sums everything up, it would be this one.  The exhibition was called Point Of View because the majority of the photographs that were on display were taken with the idea that 'everything can look good'.  My little photography motto that I'm sure that you long time visitors have already seen here.  This dandelion is something that everyone has seen in their yard at one point, and they've silently, or maybe not so silently sworn at under their breath.  I took it as kind of a mission to take such a hated thing, and make a nice photograph with it.  I got up real close, lined myself up with some yellow dandelions in the background mixed in with the green grass and snapped away.  The photograph was taken at f/9, 1/80sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  I got many nice comments about this photograph along the line of people hating those flowers, but liking the photograph.  Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment