Tuesday 22 August 2017

Daisy Day 2017

As you've all read over the last several years, August 22nd is kind of a special day here on the old blog.  It is the anniversary of the passing of my Grandmother, Grammie.  Every year on this day I post up a photograph of a daisy because it is the flower that I associate with her.  In past years, the daisy I used ended up being photographed at the home of various family members or from somewhat significant locations.  This year is no different as this daisy was photographed near one of the pillars of the Jacques Cartier Bridge on the same day that I took my photograph of the sun setting on the bridge that ended up being featured during a segment on CTV Montreal News.  Grammie was always a big supporter of my photography and I guess she was looking out for me that day as I got a beautiful sunset and a great photograph.  In return, I give a little mention here on my page with a photograph, taken at f/2.8, 1/200sec, ISO 400 at 68mm of the flower that reminds me of her.  I'm not really a spiritual person, but I'm sure her helping hand was there that day, and on several other photographs I've taken as well.  Happy Daisy Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment