Tuesday 15 August 2017

Something Calmer

All of the explosions have come to an end for another year, so it's time to give all of my senses a little bit of a break. Photographs of day lilies are just the thing needed to soothe my pyrotechnic assaulted ears and eyes.  This particular flower was shot in the garden of My Lovely Assistant's Mother, otherwise known as Belle Mom.  Day Lilies are probably my favourite flowers, and this bright orange guy was real easy on the eyes.  As an added bonus, there had been a brief rain shower before our visit so there were still some rain drops on the petals which came out real nice with a Macro lens.  The photograph was taken at f/10, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 60mm.  They say we should all take time to stop and smell the roses.  I prefer to stop and photograph the day lilies.  To each there own.

No comments:

Post a Comment