Thursday 10 August 2017

Montreal International Fireworks Competition - Recap

The sky over Montreal gets very bright during the month of July.  The annual L'International des Feux Loto-Québec has now been lighting up the sky for 33 years.  I once again found myself with my camera photographing several of the shows this year and putting the photographs that I took up here on the blog.  Though I missed the first couple of shows, I did manage to see all of the award winners this year.  This year, the winner of the Golden Jupiter award was Jubilee Fireworks of England.  The Silver Jupiter was won by Féérie of France and the Bronze Jupiter was won by Macedos Pirotecnia of Portugal.  As I have done in the past, here is a photograph that I took from each of the shows that I saw, complete with a link to the rest of the photographs taken from that group for those who wish to revisit the fireworks of 2017, or those who missed out the first time and want to see them for the first time.  The first photograph, of fireworks from Poland, was taken at f/14, 10sec, ISO 100 at 43mm.  Here are the rest of the photographs.

f/16, 15sec, ISO 100 at 27mm

f/10, 8sec, ISO 100 at 70mm

f/10, 10sec, ISO 100 at 46mm

f/8, 6sec, ISO 100 at 24mm
f/16, 10sec ISO 100 at 57mm
That's how the 33rd edition of the Montreal Internation Fireworks competition played out before my eyes.  There was also one other personal highlight this year as once again one of my fireworks ended up airing on a CTV Montreal newcast.  The photograph in question can been seen on the left and you can find out all about it by clicking on the following link.  It was another fun year, despite the weather playing a big role, some late departures and some bicycle path adventures.  It is still all worth it though as I really enjoy watching the big explosions in the sky, and I like photographing them just as much.  See you in July 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment