Tuesday 16 January 2018

CTV Montreal Weather Pix - January 15, 2018

I often mention how I enjoy the cold weather much more than the heat, but sometimes I feel the need to prove it to myself.  While most people would like nothing more than to take a walk around Ile Saint-Helene on a warm summer day, I choose to do so when it's about -28 Celsius with the wind.  However, I sometimes get rewarded for my little quirks.  Cold like that tends to create a nice amount of ice fog coming off of the Saint-Lawrence River, often thick enough to obstruct the view of Montreal.  Something a bus load of tourists discovered as I came upon them while taking my little walk.  I suppose that means that my little photograph here is probably not that unique, but it is the only one that was aired on the CTV Montreal Evening and Late newscasts.  Thanks again to Lori Graham who tweeted out my photograph before the newscasts as well.  I guess that makes it somewhat unique then.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/320sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  I actually had a second photograph that got aired on the later newscast, but since I can only post one video at a time, that one will end up getting an update of it's own later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment