Saturday 13 January 2018

Foggy Ghosts

There's something a little spooky about fog rolling through a cemetery among the tombstones.  I had been thinking about doing this kind of photograph for a few years, but usually in the Fall when you get some foggy evenings.  However, our interesting weather of the last few days provided a foggy afternoon.  Upon finishing my time at the Day Job, I grabbed my camera and went to the closest cemetery.  The photograph was taken at f/4, 1/8sec, ISO 400 at 48mm and I used some flash in order to not only get some colour on the tombstones, but also make the rolling fog more visible.  In a perfect world, I would have tried to get a little closer to the tombstones so that there wouldn't be houses in the background, but the fog was starting to lift rather quickly.  I grabbed what I could and maybe these same conditions will present themselves again so I can have another shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment