Wednesday 29 May 2019

Almost Finished

This is a case of the photograph being a little deceiving.  The new Champlain Bridge that will connect Montreal to the South Shore is actually almost finished.  It will open this coming Monday.  All the more reason to get this photograph out before it really becomes dated.  I wanted to get a shot of the new bridge being built next to the old and waited for a sunny day back in December to get my shot.  I wanted the sun to be low in the sky to give the structure a kind of glow.  I also overexposed the photograph by half a stop to get the effect.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/40sec, ISO 100 at 59mm.  The thing that struck me the most was how small the old bridge looks next to the tower of the new one.  We used to cross this bridge often when I was a kid and I was always impressed by its size.  Seeing it look so small next to the new bridge is something that still strikes me when I pass by it to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment