Saturday 25 May 2019

Happy Croissant Day

I don't know who came up with the idea of Croissant Day, but I would like to take this moment to publicly thank them.  While most of the food photographed on this site comes from the talented hands of My Lovely Assistant, these croissants were purchased at a local bakery (Pâtisserie Rolland), for a tasty Saturday morning breakfast.  I couldn't help but to play with one of the leftovers, so once the table was cleared, I grabbed some gear and snapped away.  I used a black background and bounced some flash off of the ceiling to help bring out the delicious golden colour and texture.  The photograph was taken at f/6.3. 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 60mm.  It was then eaten.  Such is the life of models in the food photography business.  If you'd like to celebrate Croissant Day, follow the link to find a participating artisan bakery near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment