Monday 13 May 2019

I'll Have A Burger (For Dessert)

My Lovely Assistant and I are big fans of the television show Les Chefs, which airs on Radio-Canada in the Spring every year.  It's a cooking competition which she watches for inspiration and I watch to make me hungry.  This past week, they had some apprentice chefs on the show to make desserts and one of them made little hamburger cakes.  With it being Mother's Day, she felt that it would be a great dessert to try and I was sure that it would be a hit with the little kids that would be on hand.  To create these little burgers, she made brownies in the form of patties and the buns were small vanilla cakes.  The mustard and ketchup were sugar icing with yellow and red food colouring added to them and the relish was coconut shavings with some green food colouring.  For the photograph, I took it at f/4, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 60mm.  I bounced some flash off of a reflector card and My Lovely Assistant added the little grill for a little BBQ feel.  As usual, they were delicious and a hit with all.  Luckily there were still a couple left over, so see if you can guess what Your Friendly Neighbourhood Photographer will be eating later.

No comments:

Post a Comment