Sunday 5 May 2019

It's Not Wise To Upset A Wookie

This year's edition of Star Wars Day (May 4th....'May The Fourth Be With You') was saddened with the news of the passing of Peter Mayhew.  He was best known as the actor who brought life to everyone's favourite fuzzball, Chewbacca.  With that in mind, I decided to break out the old toys and photograph a little scene in his honour.  Putting the Storm Trooper over Chewie's head caused some problems as not only did it make it difficult to get the action figure to remain in its pose, but it blocked the light that I was trying to bounce off of the ceiling. To solve the problems, I put another Storm Trooper on the ground behind the Chewbacca figure which served to stabilize the other two.  I then put the Storm Trooper that was in the air at an angle, letting the light better hit Chewbacca's face.  There's still a bit of a shadow in the picture, but it doesn't really bother me as it was a sacrifice I was ready to make to get the blue of Chewie's eyes.  The photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 60mm.  Thanks once again to Mom & Dad for getting me these toys in my younger years.  I'm still playing with them more than 30 years later so guess that's a pretty good return on your investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment