Tuesday 31 December 2019

The Sun Sets On 2019

It's time to turn over a fresh leaf as we get ready to begin yet another year.  Before we do that, it's always good to take a moment to reflect on the year that is coming to an end.  I've been saying this for a couple of years now, but this was quite the busy and exciting year for Your Friendly Neighbourhood Photographer.  All kinds of events passed in front my lenses.  Among the record 144 updates were the usual assortment of fireworks, sunsets, cars, insects, sporting events, musicians and other things that I may have found interesting  A couple of 'Wow' moments were when I found myself on the floor of the Bell Center to photograph Weezer and the Pixies.  There were also the many passes to concerts that were passing through town, as well as photographing the musical acts at the Canada Day celebrations in Greenfield Park, the Festin Culturel in Brossard and Saint-Lambert en Fête.   The many outdoor concerts in Greenfield Park, Saint-Hubert and Longueuil for 'Longueuil est culture', 'Les jeudis de la place' in Saint Lambert and a pass for the prestigious Festival International de Jazz de Montréal.  With all of that, some more photographs appearing on CTV Montreal newscasts and in the La Presse+ online newspaper were just a topping on the sundae.  I think that deserves a moment to kick up my feet take a moment in front of a nice relaxing sunset.  Kind of like the one a little bit higher up on the page.  It was taken at f/16, 1/125sec, ISO 100 at 63mm  So, how do I follow 2019 up?  I'm not really sure that I can, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to stop.  If you've been enjoying my photographs over the last few years, dont forget to keep passing by.  Who knows what you'll end up seeing.  Here's to wishing you all a Happy New Year and a great 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment