Monday 18 May 2020

Happy Victoria Bridge Day

It's a day off here at The Old Blog.  While My Lovely Assistant slaves away creating our new garden, I took a trip to the archives.  In my part of the world, this day off has seen several name changes over the years, but in the rest of Canada it is known as Victoria Day.  Seeing as how celebrating the Queen doesn't always go over that well in my locale, I've decided to change things up by posting a photograph of the Victoria Bridge.  Same monarch, different theme.  Though it doesn't appear often here, the Victoria is my favourite of the Montreal bridges.  I had found a nice spot near a bicycle path and noticed that the sun set behind some of the structure.  I was also able to position myself to get some of the downtown buildings into the shot as well.  By playing with the shutter speed I was able to bring some colour out of the sky and also silhouette the classic structure.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 51mm.  Hope you all have a Happy Victoria Bridge Day, or however you wish to call it.

No comments:

Post a Comment