Monday 4 May 2020

He Uses The Force...I Use Photoshop

It's May the 4th, Star Wars Day (May the Force...May the 4th...we've been through this before).  I certainly was happy to have the welcome distraction of playing with my toys.  Since I haven't been going out as much, I've been trying to experiment with certain photographic techniques at home.  For Star Wars Day I decided that I would try and create a lightsaber in Photoshop.  I'm not a big Photoshop user, so I thought this might be a fun little project.  I dusted off my old Darth Vader action figure, found a nice grey background and then proceeded to erase the plastic toy version and replace it with a somewhat more authentic representation, or that's what I hope I did.  That will be up to you, the viewer, to decide.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/200sec, ISO 100 at 70mm with some flash bounced off of the ceiling and a little bit of Photoshop work to create the lightsaber.  Is it perfect?  Probably not, but it was a fun try and it took my mind of of things for a couple of hours.  That is priceless.  May the Force be with us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment