Friday 1 May 2020

It Will Be Okay

We're beginning another month of our new reality, being shut-in and shut-off from almost everything.  Over here, the big catchphrase is ça va bien aller/it will be okay.  The symbol that goes along with that catchphrase is a rainbow, and as a result, lots of rainbows have been showing up in the windows of peoples homes, buildings and bridges.  A few nights back I decided to head down and check out the light show on the Jacques Cartier Bridge.  Since having the decorative lights installed a few years back, the bridge has become a featured model here on The Old Blog.  With the new rainbow lights, I thought it would be good to get out of the house for some fresh air and a little light show.  I found a good spot that gave me a clear view of the metal structure and snapped away a few shots with different stages of the rainbow being shown.  I then returned to one of the spots that I used for shooting the fireworks because I wanted a full shot of the bridge, along with the iconic Mont Royal Cross, a major symbol of the city, to be visible.  Things took a little bit longer than planned as I quickly realized that I had left my shutter trigger at home, but after figuring out the timer feature on my camera, I was able to get the long exposure shots that I needed in order to properly capture all of the lights.  The first photograph was taken at f/16, 30secs, ISO 100 at 70mm.  The second and third photographs were taken at f/16, 25secs, ISO 10 at 200mm.  As we continue down the road to what will hopefully be a happy ending, the best thing to say for the moment is ça va bien aller/it will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment